Friday, February 17, 2012

I wish You are Here had been an extension of Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan's celebrated blog. Sure the novel does read like an insanely lengthy blog post, but it's not The Compulsive Confessor.
There were some moments in the book which made me sit up and scream, 'Oh my god I know EXACTLY what you mean'. It's Indian chick lit, of course I relate to it. I'm twenty something and single; I live in a big city and earn pennies and I can't really exist without my vodka and sprite. There, I just described the protagonist for you. Sometimes it's interesting to hold up a mirror in the form of a book. You are Here could have been interesting in that sense, but it was too shoddily edited. Cut every other page, and it will make a brilliant urban slice-of-life novella. Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment