Thursday, August 12, 2010

One of those Dear Diary entries

Just a handful of days left now. Well, technically a month minus two days. Then it's Goodbye Leeds Forever. Knowing me and my love for last-minute-hurrying-scurrying-worrying, I will be writing my dissertation till the morning of 9th September (my conclusion will probably be two lines long and something really ridiculous) and then I will run around town, looking for a printing and binding place (because obviously the printers at the uni won't work then, and if they are, there will be at least two hundred people waiting to use them) and I will reach Clare's door at exactly 4 in the afternoon, panting and screaming, "I'm here, I'm here". And I will leave her office with a painfully nagging feeling in my head that I've forgotten to type the title of my dissertation on the cover page or something equally important. I will attempt to shrug off the feeling by worrying about other things like packing eleven months of my life and taking them home the next day.

Oh I can see all this happening so clearly.

If I had any sense, I would stop borrowing books that have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm working on from the library. If I had any sense, I would stop watching five episodes of Hell's Kitchen everyday. The sight of food makes me hungry all the time, and honestly, I'm getting rather sick of Gordon Ramsay snarling, "It's RAW!" every five seconds. If I had any sense, I would stop opening Facebook altogether.

Turns out I have no sense at all.

Dragged poor exam-stricken Dona to Headingley today because I've never been to Headingley before. I have this thing- whenever I'm about to leave a place, I develop a sudden wanderlust for unexplored nooks and crannies, or er, large areas of town that I've never cared to visit before. The sun and the rain played hide-and-seek throughout the day. And then thunder joined in for sometime. We weren't very amused. On our way back, we stopped at Hyde Park for a quick picture-clicking spree.

Random wish of the day: I want to be a photographer.

Met a couple of Dona's friends at some cafe near the uni.

Pointedly obvious observation of the day: There are far too many Mallus outside Kerala.

Came back home and napped.

If I had any sense, I would do some work now.


4 comments:

  1. But you don't, as you said earlier. heh. You know, it'd been ages since you wrote something random about your everyday life? I like it when you, in particular do. Because when you do, your writing skills are really at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dissertation Shmissertation! Just get it over with so you can start on more important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely post! :D

    I really want to agree with Confused and blah away the "Dissertation Shmissertation" [I still got the THE there, see?!! :(] but dude, I am pretty much in the same position as yours trying to convince myself that I really need to start working on it again since I have about 3 weeks to submit it!! HERE would be a good time for the panic attack to set in but it keeps eluding me by flirting with the edges of my concious mind! Oh, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I completely agree with "There are far too many Mallus outside Kerala. " and can completely understand your love for 'last-minute-hurrying-scurrying-worrying'.

    Hope everything falls perfectly in place and you make the most of these last few days :)

    ReplyDelete